|ENROLMENT & SELECTION
- The student is responsible for notifying Trainix if they have a medical condition or disability or require assistance in their training.
- It is the student’s responsibility to note the date, time and location of the course as advertised.
- Requests from the student to reschedule their course placement due to changed personal circumstances will be considered and every effort will be made to ensure a placement into an alternative available course.
- If you are unable to complete your course, due to changed personal circumstances, the RTO will make every effort to ensure you are placed into an alternative pre-scheduled course.
- The RTO reserves the right to decline admission to a course, terminate a student’s enrolment in a class or change a Trainer/Assessor at any time without notice.
- Students participate in courses involving physical activity; practical demonstrations etc. and do so at their own risk. Trainix’s students are covered by public liability insurance whilst working within the RTO’s premises.
COURSE FEES, PAYMENTS AND REFUNDS
- Please refer to our website, course flyer, or booking for information on course fees, including any required deposit; administration fees; materials fees and any other charges (if applicable).
- In line with the RTO’s Fee Protection Policy the RTO will not collect more than $1,500 prior to course commencement.
- Full payment of your course is required to confirm your booking
- Statements of Attainments are issued to students who are assessed as competent in the units successfully completed. The cost of the Statements of Assessment is included in the course fees.
- All study material for your course is included in the course fees.
- VISA, MasterCard, Bank Transfer, and Cash are accepted. EFTPOS is available. Invoice (for companies only).
- If paying by invoice, no deposit is required.
- Invoice terms are strictly 7 days from issue date unless other terms are approved in writing by a Trainix team member.
- If payment is not received within the invoice terms, the booking will be cancelled
REFUNDS / CANCELLATIONS / RESCHEDULES
- Cancellations made more than 5 days prior to course starting date, will be refunded in full.
- Cancellations made with less than 5 days of course starting date, will result in forfeiture of any/all payments already made.
- Reschedules made more than 5 days prior course date will incur no extra fees.
- Reschedules made within 5 days of the course date, will result in an extra $250 fee per student, per course rescheduled course.
- Extra fee and any remaining course fees must be paid in full at time of rescheduling.
- Please arrive at your course on time, each day. It is the student’s responsibility to check the course start times/dates stated in their booking confirmation.
- For fairness to all other students and staff, any students more than 15 minutes late without prior notice, will not be able to attend the course and no refund will be given. Please call us if you are running late.
- If you cancel or do not show up on either day of your course, no refund will be given. Full course fees will apply to re-book in addition to the loss of funds already paid.
- Medical certificates and extreme hardship as determined by the RTO will be accepted for cancellations / reschedules made within 5 days of your course.
- No refunds will be issued once the student has commenced the course.
- Approved refunds can take between 1-3 business days to be processed.
- In the unlikely event that Trainix have no other option but to postpone or cancel your booking due to unforeseen circumstances, we will transfer your payment to new course date or refund any/all fees paid.
- Refunds will be granted in the event that the RTO fails to provide the agreed services
Any student who attends any of our 2-Day Forklift/Order Picker courses will be eligible for one free retest, only if all the following requirements have been met:
- Student completed and submitted all required study material (workbook) on the first day of their course.
- Full payment has been made (This applies for company/invoice bookings also).
- The student arrived at the course on-time, both days.
- The student did not leave the course early on either day by their own accord.
The offer of one free retest will apply to any onsite bookings, only if all the above terms are met and if the retest is held at our training centre in Hoppers Crossing.
If the retest is to be held onsite, it will be charged at our ‘onsite per person’ licence course fees. Please contact Trainix for all onsite fees.
The offer of one free retest will be not honoured if the student:
- Is caught cheating or plagiarising during the assessments.
- Refuses to partake in any part of the training and or assessments.
- If a student is deemed not yet competent after the ‘free retest’, a $250 fee will be charged for another retest to be conducted.
- If a student is required to be reassessed, they will be provided with further guidance from their trainer prior to reassessment.
The RTO is responsible for issuance of Statement of Attainments within 30 calendar days of successful course completion.
CHANGES TO AGREED SERVICES
Where there are any changes to the agreed services that will affect the learner, including in the event of Trainix closing down, the RTO will advise the learner as soon as practicable. This includes changes to any new third-party arrangements or a change of ownership or any changes to existing third party arrangements.
Trainix guarantees that the services provided by the RTO will be:
- provided with due care and skill
- fit for any specified purpose (express or implied)
- provided within a reasonable time (when no timeframe is set for the training).
COMPLAINTS AND APPEALS
If a student is experiencing any difficulties, they are encouraged to discuss their concerns with Senior Management. Trainix administrative staff will make themselves available at a mutually convenient time if a student wishes to seek assistance.
If a Staff member or Student wishes to make a formal complaint, they are required to complete a Complaints and Appeals Form, which is included in the Student Handbook. Once the form has been completed, the form should be submitted to the RTO for actioning.
Please refer to the Student Handbook for more details on the complaints and appeals process.
LANGUAGE, LITERACY AND NUMERACY (LLN)
LLN support is available to provide students with advice and support services in the provision of language, literacy, and numeracy services. Student’s needing assistance with their learning should be identified upon enrolment. Trainers and staff within Trainix can provide students with support to assist the student throughout the learning process.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills are generally included and identified in Training Products and accredited course programs. In identifying language, literacy and numeracy requirements, students are required to have demonstrate the following:
Language/Literacy in the Workplace:
A moderate level of English understanding is required to enrol into the LF or LO course. As a HRW licence holder, you will need to be able to communicate verbally, in English, with co-workers, supervisors, managers, truck drivers and customers.
You will also need to have the language skills to read and understand the following:
- Workplace Policies & Procedures
- Hazard Signs
- Work Orders
- Consignment Notes (and other transport documents such as manifests and invoices)
- Forklift and/or Order Picker Data Plates & Warning Labels
- Forklift and/or Order Picker Operator Manuals
Numeracy in the Workplace:
You will need to be able to assess the loads that you are lifting. Sometimes this may require you to calculate the weight of a load. You may also need to conduct stocktake (counting stock) and pick or pack orders that will also require counting.
- Prior to taking payment, we send a link to an online LLN quiz (jotform/google forms) that will help us determine whether a student is or isn’t eligible to enrol or requires assistance (verbal test, AMES etc.)
- Once we have received a successful LLN response, the payment and enrolment process will begin. If a student is unsuccessful and requires assistance or additional support, we suggest AMES (English classes) to be attended before booking a course.
- If a student passes the LLN successfully but still has concerns with writing, we can offer a verbal assessment at no additional charge.
- If after a successful LLN result and the student is found to be having difficulty with LLN during the course, additional time will be organised to study before attempting the National Assessment. A full refund will be offered if it is determined that their LLN skills are very poor.
- Admin will organise course confirmation, enrolment and payment once LLN has been deemed successful.
Trainix caters to diverse client learning needs and aims to identify and respond to the learning needs of all clients. Clients are encouraged to express their views about their learning needs at all stages of their learning experience from the initial enrolment and induction stage to course completion, through their trainer or RTO staff.
Trainix is committed to providing clients requiring additional support, advice or assistance while training. Please see the Student Handbook on the types of support provided by the RTO.
To achieve this and to ensure the quality delivery of training and education, the RTO provides client vocational counselling to improve and extend training outcomes. Students are advised to make an appointment with their trainer in the first instance, if required the student can then schedule an appointment with the RTO for further counselling and/or assistance.
LEGISLATIVE AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS
All students will undergo an induction with the RTO, which will include the student’s rights and responsibilities against the relevant Commonwealth, State or Territory legislation and regulatory requirements. Students are given access (via link in booking confirmation) with a Student Handbook, which also includes the Student’s rights and responsibilities that will affect their participation in vocational education and training.
The student acknowledges that they must observe the Trainix policies and procedures, according to State and Federal Government legislative and regulatory requirements, as set out in the Student Handbook.
Trainix respects the importance of securing any form of personal information which is collected from the student(s) and/or other Stakeholders. Information collected from students is only utilised for the purpose gathering information on the student as part of their enrolment, training, assessment and certification process. All data is kept securely within either a locked filing cabinet or filed electronically within a password protected database.
Trainix has an obligation under Commonwealth and State legislation to provide information to certain government departments for the purpose of reporting data to the government. On occasion, the government regulatory body will require access to student records for the purpose of auditing the RTO against the Standards for RTOs. No student files will be removed from the RTOs site, unless a student is notified beforehand.
WORKSAFE VICTORIA DATA COLLECTION