LLN support is available to provide students with advice and support services in the provision of language, literacy, and numeracy services. Student’s needing assistance with their learning should be identified upon enrolment. Trainers and staff within Trainix can provide students with support to assist the student throughout the learning process.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills are generally included and identified in Training Products and accredited course programs. In identifying language, literacy and numeracy requirements, students are required to have demonstrate the following:
Language/Literacy in the Workplace:
A moderate level of English understanding is required to enrol into the LF or LO course. As a HRW licence holder, you will need to be able to communicate verbally, in English, with co-workers, supervisors, managers, truck drivers and customers.
You will also need to have the language skills to read and understand the following:
- Workplace Policies & Procedures
- Hazard Signs
- Work Orders
- Consignment Notes (and other transport documents such as manifests and invoices)
- Forklift and/or Order Picker Data Plates & Warning Labels
- Forklift and/or Order Picker Operator Manuals
Numeracy in the Workplace:
You will need to be able to assess the loads that you are lifting. Sometimes this may require you to calculate the weight of a load. You may also need to conduct stocktake (counting stock) and pick or pack orders that will also require counting.
- Prior to taking payment, we send a link to an online LLN quiz (jotform/google forms) that will help us determine whether a student is or isn’t eligible to enrol or requires assistance (verbal test, AMES etc.)
- Once we have received a successful LLN response, the payment and enrolment process will begin. If a student is unsuccessful and requires assistance or additional support, we suggest AMES (English classes) to be attended before booking a course.
- If a student passes the LLN successfully but still has concerns with writing, we can offer a verbal assessment at no additional charge.
- If after a successful LLN result and the student is found to be having difficulty with LLN during the course, additional time will be organised to study before attempting the National Assessment. A full refund will be offered if it is determined that their LLN skills are very poor.
- Admin will organise course confirmation, enrolment and payment once LLN has been deemed successful.